The 4A-3A Meet will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd at the PG Sports and Learning Complex (801 Sheriff Road, Hyattsville, MD 20785)
- 1:30 p.m. Workers will check-in near the pool area.
- 2:00 p.m. Teams can start entering the pool.
- 2:30 p.m. Officials Meeting – Small classroom
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Open Swim Warm-Ups
- 2:45 p.m. Coaches meeting – Guard Room
- 3:15 p.m. Timer Meeting (TBD)
- 3:45 p.m. Pool clears of ALL Warm-ups; preliminary announcements and Welcome
- 3:50 p.m. National Anthem
- 4:00 p.m. Event 1 commences
- 8:00 p.m. (Estimated) Meet will conclude: awards will be presented for event 17-24 + team awards
- Coaches will be in the check-in area to issue deck passes.
- Seating Area: There will be no assigned team areas. We ask that teams be respectful of the space being used. Keep athletes in close proximity.
- Teams may bring food. No glass items!
- Warm-Ups: Competition Pool: (Far end pool) Open swim only from 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. Starting at 3:15 – 3:45 – one way dive sprints. Other pools (middle and one closest to the entrance) : open swim from 2:45 – 3:45 p.m.
- Awards Presentations:
- Event 8 concludes; awards for event 1-8
- Event 16 concludes; awards for 11-16
- Event 24 concludes; awards for 17-24 and team awards
The end of season banquet is approaching! Attached is the emailed flier with detailed information.
In order to participate in this meet, swimmers and divers have to achieve qualifying times (or # of dives learned). If your athlete has qualified, he/she has already been informed. In two weeks we go to Regionals. In general, this is the 2 fastest swimmers per event (though there is a max. of 2 individual events and 2 relays per swimmer) and again, Divers must know a certain # of dives. Emily/Zick will most likely release a list of athletes participating in Regionals next week. More info. about those 2 meets in next week’s notes.
Hey Blazers! There will be a MANDATORY meeting tomorrow during lunch. Attendance will be taken; see you then!
Concussion Testing: Thursday, 11/20 from 2:45-3:30 pm (go whenever you are done with your classes for the day). Hallway outside computer lab
Parent meeting: Thursday, 11/20 6:30 pm (Blair auditorium)
First Dive Practice: TODAY, MLK 3-4:30 pm
Thanks to all the swimmers, captains, and coaches for making today a great first day of tryouts. We will be finishing up the 50 fly tryouts on Thursday, from 5:30-6:30 AM. Remember to bring your breakfast, because there will NOT be an organized breakfast this Thursday. Also, please remember to turn in any forms which you have not turned in already!
Forms for the 2014-2015 season are up! You can turn them into Demma’s room (room 332) or give them to any of the captains. Make sure to have them in by tryouts, which are on Monday the 17th, and Thursday the 20th. Monday is 4-5pm, Thursday 5:30-6:30am (in the morning, guys).
See you soon!
Our next dual meet is on December 21th at Montgomery College Takoma Park against Walter Johnson. BE THERE AT 1:25 BECAUSE WE HAVE TEAM PICTURES. Bring your secret santa gifts to the meet. Do not forget! The theme is HOLIDAY. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Festivus, or nothing, you can still get into the holiday spirit, because you know….IT’S WINTER BREAK. Wear a santa hat, a thanksgivukkah tee-shirt, or a snowman sweater. Tis’ the season to be spirited!
Our first dual meet is on December 14th at Martin Luther King Swim Center (MLK) against Churchill. BE THERE AT 8:40. The theme is Ninjas. There will be consequences for those who do not make any effort for spirit. We will be keeping track. For Ninjas, bring an extra tee-shirt, preferably black, to the meet because you can make a ninja hood with it. You put the hole where your head goes through in front of your face and tie the shirt arms in a knot behind your head. Ninja stars are extra cool. GO BLAZERS.
Tis’ the season for Secret Santa. Pick up your person tomorrow at practice or at the meet on Saturday. If you will not be at either, find me either tomorrow or on Friday.